Fallout 2 uppdateras inte längre av utvecklaren men en skara trogna fans arbetar för att fixa en hejdlös flod av buggar som dyker upp i detta massiva spel. Med patch 1.02.26 har mer än 84 ändringar gjorts som rättar småfel. Det är kul att äldre spel fortfarande uppdateras med jämna mellanrum och i ett tidigare inlägg nämnde jag patch 1.13c till Diablo 2 som släpptes helt nyligen. Fantastiskt med hängivna utvecklare och viljan att förbättra, ändra och skapa till två spel som båda är mer än tio år gamla.
Det kallar jag sällan skådat engagemang och hängivenhet!
Här är listan över alla ändringar.
• Trying to bring up a detailed description of a citizen of Redding no longer causes "Error" to come up as the description.
• Stark will no longer give floats directed towards the player if he cannot see the player.
• Finally got to the bottom of the door in the Vault City’s vault remaining closed, despite having opened it with bare strength/crowbar.
• Saving your game in the Gecko junkyard no longer causes Lumpy to teleport on game reload.
• Wandering ghouls on the main Settlement map can no longer wander through the reactor doors into the area beyond it.
• Using lockpick on locked doors at the Desperado basement or the second floor of Bishop’s casino no longer cause the message "That does nothing." to come up regardless of whether or not you succeed in your lockpicking attempt.
• Fixed dialogue errors with Majorie Reed when asking about jet.
• Fixed issue with Stuart Little commenting on special boxing names.
• You now correctly gain karma by getting the car non-violently from T-Ray rather than getting karma for tricking T-Ray into thinking you are one of Bishop’s lieutenants.
• Before, you did not correctly get experience for getting your car back non-violently from T-Ray until you talk to him again. This is no longer the case.
• If you managed to fool T-Ray into thinking you are one of Bishop’s lieutenants, you may not necessarily get the experience reward for doing so. This has been fixed.
• If you kill off some of the chop shop boys, but not T-Ray, and then return and manage to get into a conversation with T-Ray without entering combat (i.e. sneak), you can gain experience for recovering the car "without using violence". This has been corrected
• T-Ray now correctly uses his special warn dialogue lines (rather than the generic ones used in the game) when the player touches his containers.
• Moved some JHP ammo on the 2nd floor of the Shark Club so that it is no longer blocked from view of the player.
• Casino girls no longer make their random text floats in red.
• Casino girls’ floats for prizefighters and porn stars are no longer reversed.
• Made man status is now removed after provoking a family into attacking rather than after returning a hit. This prevents some "interesting scenarios" from playing out.
• In the end movie cutscenes, the Wrights are said to have violently taken over New Reno using pre-war technology, even if you had that little accident with the virus container in the Sierra Army Depot. This no longer happens.
• When you are fighting the boxers in the ring, the game refers to them as "Boxer" instead of their actual names (Holyfield, etc). This is fixed.
• The temporary bonus given by Miss Kitty to NPCs during sex is now correctly applied.
Sierra Army Depot:
• Skynet’s combat floats when missing are now correctly about Skynet missing and not the enemy missing.
• The alarm lights no longer continue to flash after the alarm is deactivated.
• The security bots on level 4 are no longer activated if you set off the alert on another level and had not previously visited level 4.
• Fixed several issues with the Munitions Access Terminal on level 2 and the forcefields/shock plates that can be disabled.
• Disarming landmines and experiencing a critical failure would not cause the landmine to explode. This has been fixed.
• Fixed a crash when using explosives to destroy a previously destroyed force field emitter.
• Using a tool to disable a force field emitter now checks your repair skill rather than your science skill
• Alarm terminals on level 1 and 2 after making Skynet angry no longer display "Error"
• Fixed issues with the security bots on level 4 related to hiding/unhiding when the alarms are inactive/active
• Skynet now correctly disables level 4 security (like he does with all the other levels) once he joins you.
• Disabled robots will now correctly no longer join into battle if their non-disabled comrades attack the player or if the player attacks them directly.
• If you lower a force field, and exit to another map before it comes back up, then the force field will stay permanently down. This is no longer possible.
• Corrected some oddities with using the eyeballs on the scanners to the elevators on the various levels.
• Corrected several issues with the extraction chamber on level 4.
*Getting xp when no one is in the chamber
*Getting human brains for non-human subjects (Goris, Dogmeat, etc). Instead no brain is removed.
*Missing checks for K-9 and Laddie
*Ability to kill the player
• Cleaned up security message displayed by the level 2 security terminal. Text was bunched up and displayed a redundant line.
• Forcefields connected to the Munitions Access Terminal now correctly go disabled after reading the "Penpal Greetings" e-mail.
• If the player agrees to help Skynet, Skynet will tell the player to retrieve a brain from level 4 and then return for "further instructions". However, if the player does that, then all he or she gets is the message: "Error! Downloading file corrupted." This no longer happens and the correct message now shows up.
• Getting locked out of the security terminals on level 1 no longer causes this to incorrectly happen on the 2nd level. The reverse was also possible. This has been fixed.
• Reversed swapped dialogue responses for successful/failed second skill check attempt when hacking the terminal on level 1.
• Fixed a dialogue error with Liz.
• If you persist in trying to enter the basement without sneaking or killing Liz, you won’t be able to enter, but Liz does not warn you off either. This has been addressed.
• If you free Franc and Manson from the jail, accept the quest from Jacob to blow up the mine, return to Jacob and change your mind, then try to talk to Franc, you can get very broken dialog. This has been fixed.
• If the player leaves conversation with Dan immediately after it was started, then the next time the player talks to Dan, he’ll ask the player whether or not he found his wife, despite the fact that the subject of the missing wife was never brought up. This has been corrected.
• Dan now correctly gives the promised $500 if the player initially rejects his offer but then reconsiders the decision.
• Dan now correctly leaves Broken Hills after you persuade him to go. Before he would stay there forever despite saying he is leaving ASAP.
• Phil the bartender no longer tells you about quests that you’ve already completed in Broken Hills.
• Added a script to a door in Marcus’ house which leads to his backyard.
• If you double cross Franc and Manson and toss them back in jail, the jail door remains unlocked. This is no longer the case.
• Offending the Enlightened One no longer causes the dialog to exit without any warning from her.
• If you kill the Enlightened One having never spoken to Merk before, you no longer get a bonus for "taking care" of her for Merk.
• "If you proved yourself to Merk by killing Lenny in the ring using the Mutagenic Serum, and then rejected his quest to retrieve Dr. Henry’s paper, Merk will be pissed with you, and won’t offer you the job again unless you prove yourself once more. However, in the list of options of proving yourself, the option to kill Lenny is still there. If you select this option, and follow the dialog to the end, Merk will try to arrange another fight, which will result in a crash!" This has been addressed.
• It was possible to get Merk to ask you to complete tasks multiple times (kill Doofus once you’ve already killed him, retrieve Dr. Henry’s papers, etc). This is no longer possible.
• Killing Doofus for Merk now correctly makes him like you more.
• Doofus is now correctly labeled as a neutral character rather than an evil one.
• Trying to repair the terminal before dealing with Officer Jack could result in some broken behavior with Jack and Dorothy. This has been addressed.
• Fixed issues with killing Jack when he is in jail.
• Mira now correctly gives you booze on the house for letting Jack blow himself up.
• Dusty no longer keeps giving you free booze for having beat Hoss up.
• Dusty now acknowledges you having beat Hoss up if you beat him up so badly that he was rendered unconscious.
• Your NPC companions no longer walk through the door to the craps dealer.
• Felix no longer gives you a warning for picking the door to Westin’s house if he clearly cannot see you.
• Felix now correctly warns you if you try to open (not lockpick) the door to Westin’s house without permission.
• NCR peasants in NCR Downtown no longer walk out the gates of NCR, thus rendering them visible yet inaccessible to the player.
• Time now correctly passes while guarding Westin’s brahmin herds.
• It is no longer possible for Oswald’s jail cell to be locked and yet opened.
• Grant, the gate guard to Westin’s ranch, now correctly faces the gate after turning off the force field and returning to his post.
• Gordon now correctly gives you the "talk to Goris" quest.
• There is no longer a blood patch for Dalia (after the V13 massacre) if you never told her to go to V13.
• Fixed various issues with Ken Lee in regards to gaining access to the Emperor and killing AHS-9
• Some entries in the Chemistry and Physics terminal now correctly advance time after reading them.
• Chip no longer disappears forever after his spleen has been restored.
• Corrected Chip’s orientation when he returns back to the Tanker after getting a new spleen.
• Fixed a dialogue issue with Chip and getting Dr. Fung to help for free.
• Fixed dialogue issues with Suze during and after rescuing her.
• Corrected issues with the computer terminal at the entrance.
*If you kill the President and swipe his passkey, but return and activate the Counter Insurgency Protocol before blowing up the reactor (i.e. Frank Horrigan hasn’t shown up yet), then the terminal will still claim that it has located a target. This has been addressed.
*The terminal no longer incorrectly checks your sneak skill when it should have been your science skill
*Fixed some oddities related to logging in as Smith, J
• Fixed some minor dialogue errors with Martin and talking about saving your tribe/blowing up the reactor.
• The Elder no longer gives an incorrect dialogue response when asking her about the effects of FEV.
• Corrected a dialogue error with Dr. Curling when talking about the player’s claim of humanity.
• Corrected a dialogue error with the President when taking about releasing the toxin on the world.
• Corrected a dialogue error when trying to take the President hostage.
• Corrected issues with the President and the dialogue responses given depending on the type of armor the player is wearing.
• Blowing up the reactor’s controlling terminal now correctly damages K-9, Dogmeat, and other forgotten NPCs.
• The Elder no longer has the Arroyo background when talking to her at the Enclave.
• A work around is in place for the too many items bug. Hoarders rejoice!
• Cassidy’s combat settings no longer randomly reset!